Even though getting gardening gloves is not considered a priority, they are essential as they will help protect you from blisters, fatigue, and distress. They will give you more dexterity, flexibility, and comfort. The best part is that most gardening gloves are puncture-resistant and thus will protect you from thorns. They also come with a sleeve for protecting your forearm. There are many benefits of gardening gloves that are a must-have if you love gardening.
In this buying guide, we compare the six best gardening gloves you can find on the market. They will give you the best gardening experience and help you deal easily with any thorny plants. Apart from being puncture-resistant, they have been made with premium material that is durable and comfortable. Here is a quick guide at what we have:
The Euphoria gloves are puncture-resistant, making them a perfect fit for any gardening, including rose gardening. They have high protection leather to protect you from thorns, brambles, splinters, and thistles. Both men and women can use them. They have a thornproof cowhide lining, making them a perfect fit when you need to handle thorny bushes, cacti, blackberries, and poison ivy.
They have a long sleeve that will protect you up to the elbow. The gloves are made of high quality, flexible real leather with a fleece lining to ensure you are comfortable.
- Product Dimensions: 16 x 7.5 x 0.6 inches
- Product weight: 8.5 ounces
- They are puncture resistant and thornproof
- They have been made with high-quality leather and fleece lining
- They have been with high protective leather
- They have a cowhide lining
- They have a long sleeve to protect you up to the elbow
- Some users complained that the size is bigger than expected
It is not only made of leather but premium goatskin leather with additional padding at the palm. There is also a reinforced silicon material at the thumb and fingertips and the palms to last you long.
It is comfortable as it has vibration-absorbing padding to prevent you from hand and joint pain that you may get from power tools, mowers, or tractors. That helps you to work longer with ease.
The gloves have been made with patented technology with an anatomical relief pad to reduce fatigue, joint pain calluses, and blisters. With that, you can comfortably work longer.
It has been made to ensure maximum breathability as it has lycra motion zones over the knuckles and web zones so that fingers can have natural movement and breathe. It provides not only the mobility of fingers but also dexterity.
- Product Dimensions: 10 x 7 x 2 inches
- Product weight: 6.4 ounces
- It has been made to ensure power and dexterity
- It has been made with premium goat leather that is durable
- It has additional padding at the palm
- The thumb, fingertips, and palm have reinforced silicone material for durability
- It has vibration-absorbing padding to protect you from any pain
- They have anatomical relief pad
- They are breathable and ensure mobility of fingers
- It is not thornproof
The leather material is a mix of goat and cow leather, making them very durable as the material cannot be punctured. The palm padding is also puncture-resistant. The gauntlet cuffs are made of elbow-length cow leather.
The gloves have been made such that the thumb has an ergonomic design to ensure easy mobility. The model has not only been maximized for flexibility but also dexterity and protection.
- Product Weight: 6.6 ounces
- It is puncture resistant
- They have forearm protection making them ideal for thorny plants
- They are made of durable leather material that is a mix of cow and goat leather
- Ergonomic thumb design
- It ensures flexibility, dexterity, and protection
- Some users complained that they experienced holes after a short time
They are excellent leather gardening gloves that are made of goatskin. They are thornproof with long cowhide gauntlets so that your arms are protected. Goat grain is well known for its versatility and being puncture resistant. This will ensure safety regardless of what you are working on, including thorn plants such as roses.
It has an extended split suede cuff to protect your arms when dealing with deadhead roses without hurting. It is pliable and flexible to ensure dexterity when dealing with excellent motor skills like planting seeds.
It is also great for people with sensitive skin as it has a soft buttery texture due to lanolin that moisturizes the hands. The thumbs of the gloves are made such that they are ergonomic for a comfortable grip when you are working.
The gloves come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee such that if you are not satisfied with the product, you can get a full refund.
- Product Dimensions: 10.6 x 7.2 x 1.1 inches
- Product Weight: 4.9 ounces
- It is made of goatskin and cowhide making it very durable
- It is thornproof
- It is puncture-resistant
- It is protective
- It has a soft buttery texture
- The product comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Some users did not find them to be thornproof
- Some users complained that the hand portion was of inferior quality
They have been designed with terry cloth mini-towels on the interior, which make sure your hands are cool, dry, and comfortable all day long. The Lycra motion and web zones give you more comfort, fit, and flexibility.
The wristband has a form-fitting LightPrene that is expanded to ensure your wrist is comfortable. The fingertips are coated with silicon to increase grip and durability in the areas that are prone to wear and tear.
- Product Dimensions: 9 x 4.25 x 1.25 inches
- Product Weight: 3.84 ounces
- They are comfortable
- They have a terry cloth mini-towels on the inside to keep your hands dry and comfortable
- The wrist has LightPrene support
- The areas prone to wear and tear are coated with silicon
- They are easy to clean
- Some users complained that they are not a heavy-duty
- Some users complained that they seam got ripped, and it tore after a short time
They are gloves that are meant for both men and women. They not only offer forearm protection but are also puncture resistant. The fingertips are touchscreen compatible with saving you time and making sure you are protected.
They have 4-way spandex to make sure all sides are flexible, while still making sure that there is durability. The palm is made of synthetic leather to ensure it is durable, comfortable while at the same time easy to wash.
They have an extended leather cuff to give you additional protection as it keeps the dirt out.
- Product Dimensions: 0.5 x 4.3 x 15.1 inches
- Product Weight: 0.798 ounces
- They are puncture-resistant
- They also give forearm protection
- They are durable
- They are flexible
- They have a synthetic leather palm for more comfort
- They have an extended leather cuff for more protection
- Some users complained that they are not good for blackberry bushes
- Some users did not find the forearm protection to be adequate
All the above gardening gloves are excellent choices, and you will not go wrong with them. If you intend to buy just a pair and wonder which one to choose, then this section is for you. Here, we deal with the specifics to ensure you make the best choice. Here is a quick guide.
Most Heavy-Duty gloves: If you need heavy-duty gloves, then the Bionic GDTNML ToughPro NaturalFit Gloves are a great choice as they have been made in a patented design and silicon in high friction areas to give you comfort. They have been made with premium leather material and additional padding for added durability.
Gloves with soft buttery texture: If you have sensitive hands or generally prefer gloves with a smooth texture, then the Exemplary Gardens Gloves would be a great choice as it has a buttery soft texture to keep your hands soft.
Gloves for preventing fatigue: Even though all the above gloves have been made such that they give you comfort, the Bionic Women’s Relief Grip Gardening Gloves have explicitly been made with a patented pad relief system to prevent fatigue.
The most affordable gloves: All the above gloves are well-priced, considering the value that comes with them. The most affordable gloves in the batch are the Exemplary garden gloves that retail at only $24.49.
Our overall recommendation: All the six are excellent choices, but your best judgment is the Exemplary gardens Gloves. Apart from being the cheapest, they also have many great features that will get you the best value for your money.
When you are looking for gloves, you need to define your needs to get something that best suits your work. It is good to know the different materials that are used for gardening.
Leather gloves: They are the most common but at the same time most expensive. Their main advantage is that they are waterproof and offer you proper protection from thorns, scrapes, and cuts. If you are dealing with thorny plants such as roses, you are better off with leather.
Rubber gloves: They are also common with many types of gloves. They are great when it comes to protecting you from chemicals such as herbicides and fungicides. Their disadvantage is that they may not be the best choice if you have a latex allergy. They can also get hot and sweaty with time.
Cloth gloves: They are the cheapest in the market. Most of them are made of knitting or cotton. They are easy to wash. They have been made with the main intention of protecting your hands from dirt, but they do not have much protection.
Neoprene gloves: They are made from a synthetic rubber material to protect from dirt, chemicals, cuts, and scrapes. Unlike rubber, they are breathable and flexible. However, they are not puncture-resistant, and hence, if you are dealing with thorns, it may get to you.
Besides the material used, other factors to keep in mind when looking for gardening gloves include
Size: You need the right size for premium protection. When it is too big or too small, it will not serve it function well. When too big dirt may still sip through, it will be uncomfortable to work with when too small. Most sellers will give you a sizing guide.
Your work: Some gloves are more versatile than others, so you need to consider what you are planning to do with the gloves. For example, if you are dealing with roses, rubber gloves may not be ideal.
Cost: Different gloves will cost differently based on many factors. The material used, size and quality are the main determinants. The best part is that you will always find something that you can afford.
Reviews: If you are still unsure which gloves to choose, you may have to go through reviews to know the best fit for you. You will get to know about the different experiences, and that will help you.